Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Issues upgrading to PHP 8.x

• SOLVED Issues upgrading to PHP 8.x

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • I'm running a Joomla 3.10 site using PHP 7.4. I've tried upgrading to PHP 8.0 and 8.1, but each version causes an error:

0 rawurldecode(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, array given

I enabled debugging, set the system error reporting to max, looked at my web error logs and don't see a culprit.

It SEEMS to be occuring anywhere an actual or potential joomla article would be inserted in the gantry 5 layout.

any gantry 5 stuff seems to otherwise be ok.

using helium as the template. gantry and helium are up to date, as is joomla 3.x
    • Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Erich Markert.
  • Re: SOLVED Issues upgrading to PHP 8.x

• Another tidbit... I just disabled the Page Content position on a page, reloaded, and the error went away in the page.

Page title still had the error
    • Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Erich Markert.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Issues upgrading to PHP 8.x

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

1. make sure you are using G5.5.15
      2. check everything else is up to date too.
      3. You cannot use PHP 8.1.x only go as high as PHP 8.0.x

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Issues upgrading to PHP 8.x

• Thanks. Everything is up to date.

Had some time to do some sleuthing...

It would seem that the error is being generated by JCH Optimize. Disable JCH and the error goes away.

Submitted a ticket with them. Will let folks know what they say.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds