• Rocketeer

SOLVED PHP 8 Issues, Gantry 4, Joomla 3.10.11

Posted 1 year 4 months ago
    • Template: Ionosphere Responsive
      Gantry Version 4.1.32
      Joomla Version 3.10.11
      PHP Version 7.4.33 Work
      PHP Version 8.0.25 Lots of issues to chase

Mr. T, if you're reading this, you've worked on these sites before, so you may remember them. I realize a rebuild is coming, but right now I need to migrate to a new server.

Is there an update to Gantry 4.1.32 that will work with Joomla 3.10.11 and the Ionosphere Responsive template?

If so, will it work on PHP Version 8.0.25?

Any inight would be greatly appreciated.

The goal is to get the template working cleaner on PHP 8.0.25. After chasing many errors, I have it working there, but I'm still getting some errors.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by MacGyver.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED PHP 8 Issues, Gantry 4, Joomla 3.10.11

• No, neither g4, it’s templates, or the old RT “rok” extensions will work with php8.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark,

I was afraid of that, but since I first posted, I did manage to get all of the front end working, and most of the back.

I'll switch the PHP version back to 7 for now, and get with you via email to see about a rewrite on all three sites.

Have a great week.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by MacGyver.
    • -To absent companions
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• Hey Mark,

One last question, if I may. I have managed to clear essentially all of the errors in PHP 7. None at all show now when in Simple Error Reporting, but, there were two that I just couldn't figure out that desplayed in Developmental Mode Error Reporting. Can you tell me how I could have fixed these? I hate an unsolved puzzle. It's that darn Zeigarnik effect. Here are the errors with the line of code that it references.

The first one is:

Notice: Undefined variable: gantry_name in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/libraries/gantry/core/config/gantryformitem.class.php on line 444

$this->base_value = $gantry->get($gantry_name, null);

And this is the second one:

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/libraries/gantry/admin/forms/fields/positions.php on line 121

if ($this->type != "custom" && ($this->words != $this->settings["words"] || $this->schemas != $this->settings["schemas"] || $this->maxGrid != $this->settings["maxGrid"])) {

Thanks everyone.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• What version of PHP 7 is that with those errors? I can't really help though - we're not doing any more development or bug fixing on Gantry 4 at all. All I can suggest is that you set error level to "none" in global configuration and that will hide those warning messages.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MacGyver
    • Rocketeer

• Hey Mark,

Thank you for your reply. That's very unfortunate as I really need to get these sites stable on the new host long enough to commmission a rewrite. They have been great sites.

The PHP version is 7.4.33

I can certainly hide the errors on this issue as it was just my own need to solve the puzzle. I do have a far more pressing need, however. Before I read this, I made another post about our customo 404 Article Not Found pages no longer working. That one is a bit pressing. I'm really hopign someone can at least help me get those back.

As always, thanks for your help.
    • -To absent companions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've answered your other topic. Updating the template to latest version might help with these issues too.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds