Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5.5.15 and PHP 8.1 error "recompile CSS" in Styles

• SOLVED Gantry 5.5.15 and PHP 8.1 error "recompile CSS" in Styles

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hi !

I used Joomla 4.3.4 with Gantry 5 (Remnant) with PHP 8.0 - if I must "recompile CSS" in the Styles section to update my styles, this works fine. Everything works fine with PHP 8.0.

But now, Joomla wants to update my PHP to 8.1. If I set this in the setup of my provider, also everything works fine in Gantry, but with one issue:

If I click on "recompile CSS", there is a fullscreen error message. After that the administration and the website are not working anymore and also show this same error message.

Reverting back to PHP 8.0 and reset browser cache works again.

So my question: Does Gantry 5.5.15 really not work with PHP 8.1 and when will there be an update ? (I am just beginning to update my website from Joomla 3 to 4 and now I have such same issues with updates and incompatibility (Joomla<->PHP<->Plugins). Or can I do something that makes it work (function "recompile CSS")?

Additional note: The website and administration works well with PHP8.1, except this function.

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Frank Hugenroth.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.5.15 and PHP 8.1 error "recompile CSS" in Styles

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • Looking for help with PHP 8.1 as well. Anything we change in the layouts are not saved. I have to go back to PHP 8.0 before anything works. I can make changes to the template with 8.0 active, and can switch back to 8.1 but if you try and change anything, it gives deprication errors and reverts back to the previous status. Using Studius template.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.5.15 and PHP 8.1 error "recompile CSS" in Styles

Posted 7 months 1 week ago
    • Well I see that there is a new Gantry 5.5.16 Version coming on 4th April '23. Because Joomla didn't tell me about a Gantry update to 5.5.16, I thought that was the last version. I have now updated Gantry to 5.5.16 and run PHP on 8.2.10 - everything works. You may delete the Gantry and Joomla cache after update...

Thread can be closed.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds