Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Footer batch processing

• NosyWeb
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Footer batch processing

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,

I have 4 outlines on my Gantry 5 template.
      These 4 outlines have the same Footer section with the same modules. If I want to change these modules, should I change them in each outlines ?
      Is it possible to have a master style / outline (like Gantry), where if I change something, it changes in every styles / outlines ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
    • Discover our french Joomla Magazine and our french Joomla videos tutorials
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Footer batch processing

• If you are using the Outlines that installed with the RocketLauncher than the particles in the footer section probably won't be the same and you would have to re-create them in the other Outlines footer sections.

If you duplicate any existing template than the Sections and particles ARE duplicated.

We are working on making the particles transportable between Outlines.
    • NosyWeb
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I'm using Hydrogen and Gantry 5 on Joomla 3.4.3 without use a Rocketlauncher.

If I correctly understand, I should change my footer in each outlines. I can't have a master outline where I can change a default parameters.
      However, thanks to Settings tab, I can manage some particle / atom like Google Analytics without having to change it in each outlines.

Regards.
    • Discover our french Joomla Magazine and our french Joomla videos tutorials
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• NosyWeb wrote:
      I'm using Hydrogen and Gantry 5 on Joomla 3.4.3 without use a Rocketlauncher.

If I correctly understand, I should change my footer in each outlines. I can't have a master outline where I can change a default parameters.
      However, thanks to Settings tab, I can manage some particle / atom like Google Analytics without having to change it in each outlines.

Regards.

Lets say you had 4 Outlines and the first two you placed the Branding particle and then realized you neede to change it. So you go to Base Outline and make your changes to the Branding particle. You now add that to your last two outlines.

The result is that the first two outlines won't show the changed Branding particle but the last two will. You would have to delete the current Branding particles from the 1st two outlines and then Drag in a Branding particle which has your changes.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds