Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

jQuery does not work in the error page

• Libelnet
    • Jr. Rocketeer

jQuery does not work in the error page

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

On my website: debronmaasbree.nl/errorpage I have a slider but it does not work on the error page of Gantry 5. In the console is a message that jQuery is not defined but I dont know why. Anyone else with this problem?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: jQuery does not work in the error page

• I get "article not found" on that link?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Have you got the latest Gantry 5 and hydrogen CI builds installed? http://gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Libelnet
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hello Mark,

Yes it is the custom error page of the hydrogen theme. The problem is that in the header there should be a slider (see the other pages). But it appears that jQuery is not working on the error page and the slider will not work.

Kind regards,

Libelnet
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I checked with our developers on this one and this is what they said:
      Joomla doesn't load jquery at all in error page even if you ask it to it just doesn't load it.
      You can load css/js from particles, though - but loading modules should be avoided.

In normal joomla error page you cannot have anything in it, no modules, nothing.
      We have worked it around with particles but modules may or may not work.

Error pages should have very little on them because if the content causes an error you end up with an infinite loop - error causes error, causes error, causes error....

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds