Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5.1.1 Problem?

• SOLVED Gantry 5.1.1 Problem?

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I'm using the Salient template along with Gantry 5 which apart from various settings being lost when you go back into edit stuff in the layout, for example, the animations need always to be reset, was working relatively fine.

Anyway, I upgraded yesterday to Gantry 5.1.1 and now, the default map and contact blocks on the Home page have somehow included some huge blocky grey spacers (see image). I can only think it was the change to 5.11 as yesterday, with the previous version, all was OK and the map and content looked good. Nothing else has changed and whatever I try to do, I cannot get rid of the damned things.

Since i can't figure out how to fix this (advice appreciated) can I uninstall Gantry 5.11 and go back to the older 5 version or will doing this break my site?

Regards
      Dave
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.1.1 Problem?

• Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.1.1 Problem?

• Hi Mark

Followed the instructions for uninstall on the gantry.org site then reinstalled the 5.10 code from github as you suggested. All is well again.

Many thanks for the prompt response.

Regards
      David
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Actually there is no need to uninstall first - just install 5.1.0 again and that's it.

I'll leave this topic open until the DEVS have addressed these issues.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi!

I just want to add that I'm in the same boat, and that 5.1.1 also breaks the social particle. Downgraded to 5.1.0 and everything on the front end is back to normal, but I still have some issues on the admin side - for example I still have the "phantom map" line in the particle, and get a "You don't have permission to access /SITE/administrator/index.php on this server." when I try to click on it.

Cheers!

Mike
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The latest CI build has now fixed these issues and we will be releasing 5.1.2 soon. http://gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Michel Marcheterre

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Installed 5.1.2 and it works! One quick question: I noticed on my local site that 5.1.0 showed all the Gantry components as "Active" but 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 made all but one of them "Protected". Is this normal or did I do something wrong?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• "protected"? you mean the red/green toggle? that means "enabled" 0 so they should be like that.

EDIT: Damir just pointed out to me that you meant in extensions manager - the padlock on the Gantry 5 parts - as Damir rightly said this is absolutely normal and correct.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds