Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problem with Assignments and Theme Outlines

• Problem with Assignments and Theme Outlines

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • This is my first site with Gantry and a Rocket theme template, I am working on a new design for an existing website at a temporary URL and getting to grips with Gantry and the Ambrosia template, however I am no longer able to assign some of the menus to an outline as the menu items are no longer visible. It was all OK and now some are and some just are not there and I can not see any reason for this, I am sure that as a newbee to Gantry and Rocket Theme I am just missing something silly. I really would appreciate some guidance with this.

I have created a Super User login and put the details in the secure part of this message.

Many Thanks
      Keith
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Problem with Assignments and Theme Outlines

• I think you're probably using Chrome? Are you using Gantry 5.1.3 - it should be fixed therein?

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Problem with Assignments and Theme Outlines

• Hi Mark

Thank you for getting back so quickly, I am using Chrome and I have Gantry 5.1.3 installed together with Ambrosia v1.0.2, I have added the login details for you in the secure tab.

Regards
      Keith
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We previously did have a ticket for this (#800) and thought we had worked around a bug in Chrome browser - However I can see this is still happening on your site so I have raised another new bug ticket https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/851 .

For now, please can you use another browser other than Chrome - It's only Chrome that has the issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Mark

That is a great relief, I have had a couple of sleepless nights worrying about this, I never thought of trying another browser. I am now using Firefox, should have posted on the forum earlier.

Really appreciate your help with this.

Keith
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,
      I seem to have a similar problem with my newly installed Xenon theme and Gantry 5.2.8 Clicking on Assignments tab in the Xenon template (via Template Manager in the back end) an empty pop-up appears. In other words I'm not able to assign any menu items. I have tried this both in Chrome (48) and FireFox (44).
      This is the div of the empty pop-up that appears: <div class="g5-content" aria-live="assertive" tabindex="0" style="width: 90%;">
      Joomla version: 3.4.8
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by BlueGear.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • BlueGear - please don't post in four month old dormant topics - it's always best to create a new topic of your own otherwise we might miss your post.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds