Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to upgrade gantry

• fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED How to upgrade gantry

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi, I am on the newest Joomla version and I have Gantry 5.1.2 installed. Gantry is telling me to update to Gantry 5.1.3 but after clicking update gantry forwarded me to the joomla update section. This section is telling me that there is no update available. The sources are correct for update servers.
      Can you please tell me how to update to Gantry 5.1.3?

Thanks a lot

and kind regards Reinhard
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to upgrade gantry

• Use the "purge" button and then press "find updates" and it will find it. Because of a little issue in 5.1.3 I actually recommend that you download the CI build for Gantry 5 and install that in extensions manager http://gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• does not work with purge button. :-(
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

backup first please.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok want do you want to go to 5.1.3 (with bugs) or CI build (with fixes for those bugs in 5.1.3) ? Then I can do this for you...

Regards, Mark.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• no bugs please :-). Does it makes sense to wait for version 5.1.4?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No it doesn't 5.1.2 contains bugs, 5.1.3 contains bugs, Ci build will have bugs, and 5.1.4 will undoubtedly have bugs too. No software can ever be 100% bug free - that's impossible. I recommend that you go to CI build - I'm using it without any issues.

Regards, Mark.
    • fox21
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• When I am using CI build can I than update to 5.1.4 without any problems?
      And how can I go on ci builds?
      Would be nice to get a bit of help here.
      thanks and update of template works
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• When you're on CI build you can easily update to 5.1.4 or regress back to any other version of Gantry 5 too. It's just another build of Gantry 5.
      fox21 wrote:
      Would be nice to get a bit of help here.

So, do you not think I'm helping you and providing you with advice?

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds