Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Reproducing Myriad FP Slideshow - Full Slideshow in Gantry5-Hydrogen

• neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Reproducing Myriad FP Slideshow - Full Slideshow in Gantry5-Hydrogen

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • the mixin variables do not contain any changes to the output of the text in the module, they merely seem to tell gantry where the breakpoints are but not what to do with them. If I shouldn't hard code the changes I want to see from different devices, then how do I tell the breakpoints what to do?
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• maybe I am just supposed to use @include breakpoint(large-mobile-range) instead of
      @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1280px) ? in which case I still have to code in what I want the breakpoints to do.
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I think you're misunderstanding: I am saying don't write:
      @media (min-width: 0px) and (max-width: 767px) {
          ... your css here ...
      }
      instead write:
      @include breakpoint(no-desktop) {
       ... your css here ...
      }

If you look I have given you the complete list of every conceivable media query that you could use. Against each is a comment that says exactly what viewport it covers. The include/mixins will be translated into fixed values from the settings in Gantry 5 admin at compile time - so what you will see in firebug for those media queries is the correct values (not the mixin code).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: neuclix

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Can you show me how to make the top navigation menu appear inside the slideshow instead of inside its own container above the slideshow?
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I can't do all your customisation for you...

Learn to use either, Firebug in Firefox, or Chrome Developer Tools in Chrome, they will save you hours on things like this and they're very easy to use.

Use this code...
      #g-showcase {
          padding: 0;
      }
      #g-navigation {
          position: absolute;
          background-color: transparent;
          left: 0;
          right: 0;
          z-index: 3;
      }

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• yes yes, I have been inspecting elements in Chrome for a few weeks now. Still learning. Thanks for the encouragement. Your help has been awesome. I am going to try the above code you suggested.
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• wow, almost....now I just have to figure out how to show only the words of the menu and not a colored container surrounding the menu item. I completely understand that you could not be expected to do all the work for me. I will be reading the docs on css and such and using the chrome inspector on the original myriad template to see if I can make the container transparent on my own if I don't hear back from you, but if you can, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• maybe background: none?
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I did it! found the how to make anything transparent in the outline theme. Thank you.
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds