Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Callisto Template - Module Position

• MarkD

Callisto Template - Module Position

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • I am working on a new version(dev copy) of our site and have it updated to joomla 3.4.4, Gantry 5.1.5 and Callisto 1.3.1. I am now beginning to work with gantry and the callisto template. The problem I am having is with the module-position. It is working but not updating. I am working on our "About Us" page and have been trying to get the modules loaded in the MainFeature section. This worked, initially but it will not update to show new items assigned to that position. It's like something is blocking it or is cached. I've emptied the site cache, the gantry cache, tried different browsers on different platforms, etc. I also tried creating a new module and assigning it. For a moment I thought it worked but it turns out it only shows up in the two new items I added. I've been wracking my brain all weekend to no avail. I could use some guidance. I've also looked over the system requirements and all seem ok. I've installed the rocketlaucher in a separate site and that seems fine.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Callisto Template - Module Position

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MarkD

• Thanks, info is in secure panel.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I can't access your site - you have blacklisted the UK? :(

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MarkD

• sorry about that. it is a US only site and since we had some compromises, we banned everthing outside the US. I have setup a different account for testing. it is superuser as well. See secure tab.

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Well I'm inclined to agree that something weird is going on. I concentrated on the menu that should be appearing - no matter what I did to that menu module it would not render at all. So, I recreated a new module with exactly the same settings and then that DOES render. So, to get around this for now I would just suggest recreating the modules and trashing the existing ones. But, I think this is something to do with your litespeed server - I think there's some sort of caching going on there. It would be interesting to see what happened if you backed up the site (using akeeba backup) and then cloned it locally (akeeba kickstart) usin XAMPP WAMP or MAMP - does it work then? If it does that would confirm my suspicion that it is something to do with your server. If it doesn't then that might imply something is corrupted in the installation - so the next step would be to try a clean install on the litespeed server of the rocketlauncher and see if that works ok.

Regards, Mark.
    • MarkD

• Thanks for checking on this for me. We did do a rocketlauncher site to show our client what the callisto template could do. I will see if I can replicate the issue there.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • MarkD

• We just did some house cleaning, removing unused extensions, etc to no avail. We then decided to disable nonumbers advanced module manager and things started working. Will report back once we have tested further.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Oh really? Ok yes please let us know outcome of that.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds