Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Paid Themes

• paxman
    • Rocketeer

Paid Themes

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • So, due to the extreme flexibility of Gantry 5, what exactly are the benefits of purchasing a paid template? Custom particles and outlines? Don't get me wrong, I am not against paying money. I am just trying to get a better grasp on how everything works with Gantry 5. I have a unique website that really does not easily "fit" any of the existing Gantry 5 templates on offer, and I would need to heavily modify them in order to be usuable. Honestly, considering the flexibility of Gantry 5 (what is still hard-coded in the Gantry 5 themes?) I am thinking it makes more sense for me to start from scratch. However, I AM thinking having access to custom particles in the paid themes gives us developers more choice in design. Any chance in the future we can buy "particle packs?" or am I still confused with Gantry 5 basics? Installing custom particles is a little tricky too, correct?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Paid Themes

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Custom Particles and Stying are the main benefits... along with support of course. Our Templates have fully fleshed out Style and Particle options as well with easy to change variables... The Typography and Block Variations Pages in each G5 template demo here on the site give an overview of the pre-styled components each Theme offers... there is very very little packaged with the default/free Hydrogen Theme...

I choose themes based on Menu Styling and certain Modules/Widgets/Particles that I might want to re-use mainly... custom styling a menu is never a "fun" endeavor for me so that's usually my focus when picking a Theme.

We don't sell Particles currently... they're only packaged in our Templates... not a bad idea though
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Paid Themes

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • If I like a particle in one template am I able to "install" it on another template?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Paid Themes

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Please open a new thread for any new questions, requests... only ever post on existing threads if your issue is 100% (same template, extensions, specific error message/issue) the same as the original post... it keeps things tidy and easier for users to search out similar/same issues.

particles are simply a YAML file, a TWIG file, and associated SCSS / CSS. You can create custom particles in the template/custom/particles folder.

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-a-new-particle

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overri...article-source-files

:)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds