Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Initial Page Load

• Initial Page Load

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Using Craken template and other gantry 5 templates:

When I point my browser to the root dictory of my website, I get a page ( gordonsutton.org/test_ucf/index.php ) using a custom template which I cannot locate anywhere.

I would like it to go to the default template which I have customised for my site.

How do I do this?

Still trying.

Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon Sutton. Reason: clarification
    • I probably did something wrong.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Initial Page Load

• On that link you are actually using the Kraken template (outline 21 in template manager) and showing a category listing?

Maybe i'm not understanding you correctly? Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Initial Page Load

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon Sutton.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I'm still confused about what you want...

1. The default menu item was set the "kraken menu - Home" - is this what you intended? Because that just uses the "kraken - default" outline that doesn't even have a menu on it (only module positions).
      2. The "kraken - home" outline that contains all the demo content has had most of the content disabled?

3. I changed the default menu item to your "main menu > home" instead and now your own home page opens using the kraken default outline. - but it doesn't have a menu because there is not one on the layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Initial Page Load

• I have added a menu to the front page.

Where I get confused is where and what did you the change to the default menu?

Thanks for your help.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• In Joomla menu manager, in the menu - click on the star icon next to your home menu item - that makes that menu item the default .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Gordon Sutton

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds