Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Menu items missing in Hydrogen

• SOLVED Menu items missing in Hydrogen

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • So I've been working with Gantry 5, getting to know my way around. I noticed that the Main Menu items are missing...there's a place for the main menu, but no items below it.

Latest version of Joomla.

Anyone know a solution? I like Hydrogen.

Roger
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Menu items missing in Hydrogen

• What menu/item do your have set as default?

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Menu items missing in Hydrogen

• For me, the problem occurred both in my XAMPP and online installations of Joomla. I deleted Gantry 5 from the online version, but I took screen captures from the XAMPP installation of Joomla.

Notice that the Score PAQ menu is blank...or appears to be blank.

However, when you look at the code in Chrome (second screen capture), the items are there... They are just not showing up for some reason.

I hope this helps.

Roger

• This attachment shows the invisible menu items being highlighted better in Chrome.

• And by the way, it doesn't matter whether or not the default menu item is within the Menu that is not showing. Still happens. I also created a menu called zMenu, so that it would be the last in the list... Still happens.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That is a bug in Chrome browser - for now please use a different browser.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Yeah, you're right...it looks fine in Edge. Really too bad. Hope you guys can code around that...and really too bad you have to. Browser incompatibilities are such a burden for developers.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We've worked around this for now in the latest CI build of Gantry 5. So, you can use this if you really want to use Chrome (but do heed the warnings) - http://gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds .

Regards, Mark.

• Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds