Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

HTML to Gantry 5

• George
    • Rocketeer

HTML to Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Hello,

is it possible to have a tutorial to convert an html template to Gantry 5?

Thanks in advance
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: HTML to Gantry 5

• No. That would be a novel not a tutorial. If you are stuck on a particular item we can of course assist but not a whole website.

What specifically do you want to do?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • George
    • Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can do all that in Gantry 5 - but you'll have to undertake the project yourself there's no silver bullet to replicate that in Gantry 5 - you are basically starting from scratch. This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this free support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • George
    • Rocketeer

• The problem is that I would like to do it on my own. I could take one ready template and change the css but I have already done this and now I want to make one step further. Of course I don't expect to get all the info here. This would be out of my scope too. I just need some tips from where to start. That's all.

Regards, George.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The only thing that is any use to you from that html5 template is the design itself. Everything else you will have to create from scratch. I presume that you are familiar with Joomla as a starting point and know all about articles, modules, and module positions. Gantry 5 still uses those and adds even more flexibility through the use of "particles" too.

Where should you start? I'd give yourself a good head-start by picking one of our more recent Gantry 5 templates that bears some resemblance to the design that you are after. Then change aspect of that design one at a time to gradually make it look more and more like the target design. Most likely you will also need to use custom CSS to restyle elements to match the look too (so again I presume that you have those skills).

Also look at the target design and decide how you are going to reproduce the elements on the page. e.g a module? a particle? a roksprocket module? a menu? a logo particle? etc etc.

Regards, Mark.
    • George
    • Rocketeer

• Dear Mark,

I was thinking to start by installing Gantry 5 and Hydrogen theme and make the changes on this.

What do you think?

Regards, George.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There are plenty of people designing there own site from scratch using Hydrogen because it is the most basis of all Gantry 5 templates - this leaves all the creativity to yourself. The PAID templates have more particles (functionality) and more of the design work is already done for you. So really it just depends what your skillset is and how much of the work your are prepared to do yourself.

Regards, Mark.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds