Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Hydrogen Presets & Color Selection don't function after updates

• najatuk
    • Rocketeer

Gantry 5 Hydrogen Presets & Color Selection don't function after updates

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I have two prototype sites that I had begun with Gantry 5 - Hydrogen. Color selection was working in terms of presets or custom selection in both sites, (pantanalwildlivetours.com and bomjardim-nobres.com) but apparently it is no longer funtioning after either updating to security releases in Joomla and Gantry 5 and Hydrogen updates that have accompanied the Jommla updates. In fact, it appears that the pantanalwildlife tours prototype site reverted to the preset one colors even though it is set to preset three and remembers this change in the component and templet manager views in the admin. I have changed the presets to 3 and prest 4 in both home and default views in both "home" and default" on both sites as well as adding a few custom colors and both categorically display preset one. I notices the problem when I upgraded to joomla 3.4.5 on the bomjardim-nobres.com site, but www.pantanalwildlifetours.com displays exactly the same problem with version 3.4.4, so the joomla upgrade, at face value doesn´t seem to be causing the problem.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 5 Hydrogen Presets & Color Selection don't function after updates

• Would you please create a Super Admin login for me and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
    • najatuk
    • Rocketeer

• See secure area
    • najatuk
    • Rocketeer

• Dan,
      or whomever is looking at this,

Please have a look at the attached screen shots. It shows exactly what I am talking about. Notice the change in theme colors betwen screen one (how it is supposed to appear) screen two where the colors have changed randomly and then screen three where by navigating around and coming back to the same page (without doing anything else except navigating around the site and coming back to the same page). Now you can see in Google Pagespeed in screen 4 that the screen is rendering for google like image two on homepage which should look like image 1 in the mobile version while screen 5 shows that when I open www.bomjardim-nobres.com/pt/ (portuguses language version it displays a coor from theme 1 in Google pagespeed even though it is set to theme 3 in Gantry - Hydrogen lates update edition. On my browser if I navigate to .../pt I get
      the theme three colors. Again, if caching were the issue, I shouldnt get randomly changing color themes my returning to the same page in a navigation session. I may have rok booster gzip compression, etc enabled as I am testing the site btu the problem occurs with clean caches on the browser and without this enabled in joomla as well. THis is kind of crazy...any ideas?
    • najatuk
    • Rocketeer

• Well, I am still experiencing issues with the color selection presets. Earlier today I went into the administrative panel and changed the presets for the Portuguese language version. Without everf visiting the PT language page stub, it changed the colors of the English (default language) on the site on the first refresh on all browsers despite clearing every cache, I couldn't get rid of it. That shouldn't happen, and I do believe I have the language configurations set up right in Joomla as I have been doing multilingual sites since Joomla 1.6 though the core. The problem occurs on all cache cleared browsers including the cell phone pc and laptop and shows the color scheme from Portuguese in English pages. I tried unpublishing, even deleting the default templates...all templates except English, duplicating the English language template for the default and English languages....still showing the number three theme in green from the deleted template. However, if I do a page speed test, it is showing the correct colors. Also, if I access the site through Tor it gives the expected colors, so perhaps the issue is some sort of Caching on the side of My ISP or upstream, but not from my server host. That still doesn't explain why changing the template theme in one language would change the template theme colors in another. That still shouldn't happen.

I looked through the documentation, and it is suggested that I should be using RokMenu for navigation rather than (or suplementing?) the standard joomla menu system. I think I am supposed to create a single rockmenu module in position 7 and leave both it and the joomla menu module published to language ALL? I had published the Rok Menu module in position 7 as well as the default joomla menu module in this position but I had the rokmenu set to English. I have now changed this to all. I wasn't clear on this from the documentation.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• I don't know what to tell you. In my Chrome browser, latest version, I changed English to Preset 2 and Portugese to Preset 4. I wandered all over the place and couldn't reproduce what your seeing.

If you ever have an issue with your browser display but it looks fine on other people's computers then start your browser in a "Safe Mode":

"Incognito" - for Chrome
      "Private" - for FireFox
      "Safe Mode" - for IE11

What this does is turn all the users add-ons and custom browsers settings OFF and can help resolve a browser related issue.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds