Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Latest Gantry 5 update - Hydrogen theme update removes logo from server

• najatuk
    • Rocketeer

Latest Gantry 5 update - Hydrogen theme update removes logo from server

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi,
      I just updated to the latest Gantry 5 update on the site bomjardim-nobres.com I had a custom logo located in the same folder as the gantry 5 logo. The update to the the theme or the framework caused my logo to be physically deleted from the server as I can verify through my cpanel - filemanager. You might want to see if you can do something about why it is deleting logos from the media > gantry > assets > images folder as I can verify in cpanel file manager. You might want to see if there is a way that it won't do that or advise people to store their logo outside of gantry. No big deal...uploaded it again as I just made the logo yesterday. Anyway, thanks for the updates.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Latest Gantry 5 update - Hydrogen theme update removes logo from server

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Actually this is normal Joomla installer behaviour when updating, it deletes the folders and then installs the manifest. The exception to this is, as we did in Gantry 4, when the files are "named".

We don't do that in Gantry 5 as you can tell when reading the documentation that all modified code MUST be placed in the "custom" folders to be protected.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by DanG.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds