Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Creating an Unsupported Page in Gantry 5

• Dance
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Creating an Unsupported Page in Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Is it possible to create an unsupported Page in gantry 5?

I made great website based on Kraken template and when I finally seat down with my client in his office to present my work, I found out that his laptop has Windows 7 with IE 9 installed. I had my own laptop with me, but that's not the point.
      Well, it wasn't very nice experience at all :(

Than I check computers in my friends offices and find out that Windows 7 is still there. Everywhere. With IE 9.

I gone through whole Gantry 5 tutorial and didn't found anything about Creating an Unsupported Page?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Dance.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Creating an Unsupported Page in Gantry 5

• docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/system-requirements

IE 9 doesn't support CSS3 nor HTML5... in terms of any sort of modern web design, it is effectively a dead browser

Less than 0.5% of the world uses IE9 - www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

I doesn't appear we have an "IE Too Old Particle" yet...

You could try this Extension and see if that works for you though: extensions.joomla.org/extension/browser-update-warning
    • The following users have thanked you: Dance

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Dance
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank you Matt :) This extension really solved my problem. Thanks again!!!!

BTW this 0,5% of the world seems to be placed in Croatia :D

However, I noticed that if Windows 7 settings for size of text is "small"... also is problem. Website also appear incorrect. "Medium size" is solution. But, we can't do nothing about that.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Correct, you can't control what a user sets their browser or OS options to... you/we can only design to the current standards ;)

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; don't forget the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds