Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Order of layout elements, in HTML and visually?

• BrettD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Order of layout elements, in HTML and visually?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi. I've read the gantry 5 documents several times now and started to experiment with them on a Xenon template. I am upgrading from an embrassingly old RT template.

What I haven't seen is a statement about the order that positions are displayed in.

Related to this, how should content elements be placed for SEO? In my much older RT template, the content in mainbody was placed first in the HTML file, followed by the sidebars and this was explicitly stated.

I know I can look at the rendered html and see an order, but I'm not sure how elements move around as screensize changes, or that the relationship won't be non-obvious - so don't think this is a useful effort.

I'd appreciate if anyone could elaborate or point me to this information, as I have not seen it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Order of layout elements, in HTML and visually?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • In Gantry 5 module position particles are added on the layout. So the positions can actually be called whatever you like and appear wherever you like... that's why we don't provide a "map" because it's up to you... You can see how the positions are arranged by looking at the layout in the Gantry 5 backend.

When positions are rendered the HTML structure itself does not change depending on viewport - so for SEO purposes the order is what you see in Firebug. As the viewport size reduces down to mobile size right to left change to top to bottom order. That's it really...

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds