Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED ,Gantry 5, Joomla 3.4.8, Hydrogen 5.2.7

• Hayden
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED ,Gantry 5, Joomla 3.4.8, Hydrogen 5.2.7

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Why does this install, Gantry 5, Joomla 3.4.8, Hydrogen 5.2.7 not display properlay on Apple Safari?
      ANy help appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Hayden
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Hayden.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5, Joomla 3.4.8, Hydrogen 5.2.7

• What does not display properly? Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

What version of safari on what device?

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Hayden
    • Rocketeer

• Mark:
      The site is
      www.IPYOA.com/photos
      My Apple users tell me that the thumbnails do not show up at times. Then sometimes they do. Then sometimes the albums do nto show. If they run Chrome on the iPad it works great.
      I have no Apple products, so I have no scfreen captures.

I am guessing that if I install a newer G5 template other then the free one, it would solve it.

Thanks for your help.

Hayden, a long time RT user and customer
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I do see that on an Ipad (some thumbs are blank when you scroll down).

1. That is a third-party extension doing lazy loading of the images - so you should ask the developer of "simgallery" for assistance with that. RT does not provide support for third-party extensions.

2. I note that you have cloudflare enabled on your server. I would suggest that you trying turning this off and clearing it's cache as this often breaks things. Also, You don't need a CDN unless you are a multinational needing to serve pages from local country based servers.

3. You are using jch_optimize. This can break things too, so again I suggest that you turn this off and clear server cache.

4. if you are using "system -page cache" plugin too - I further suggest that you disable this and clear server cache.

5. No we don't do anything to "sabotage" the functionality of Gantry 5.2.7 and Hyrdrogen in order to compel you to purchase our commercial templates. So, if it doesn't work now, then it's not going to work on the commercial templates either.

My strongest suspicion is that the cause of the issue is 2 or 3 above.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Hayden
    • Rocketeer

• Mark:

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I have cleared the system cache several times, and the jot cache has been off for a week. I did just delete the CloudFlare cache and now I will see if that helps the Safari users.

I am building a staged site to test out RT newest template and to see if this will solve the Safari issues over Hydrogen.

I will keep wroking on a solution as with 50% of my users on Apple Safari, I really need to make this work for them.

Thank you again.

Hayden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, please let us know the outcome.

Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Hayden
    • Rocketeer

• We are working on this. Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I note this has been marked as solved now... can you share what the solution was with our members please.

Regards, Mark.
    • Hayden
    • Rocketeer

• Mark:
      I marked it solved to close it because we still have this random non showing images on some apple browsers. I gave up on it as I am rebuilding the site with the latest Antares template and my Apple users are telling me the problem has gone away.
      The staged site is under dev here:
      www.ipyoa.com/stageit/photos
      not good on mobile but we are working on that.
      Hayden

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds