Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to Add Dynamic Data to Grid Statistic and Chartlist Particles

• R2ba5Aq4
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED How to Add Dynamic Data to Grid Statistic and Chartlist Particles

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hi

I would like to add dynamic data to the grid statistic and chartlist particles (e.g., display the number of users online as a grid statistic). What is the best way to do this?

I've never done this before, but I see two approaches:

1. Create an override file for an existing module (e.g., online users) and add the grid statistic styling in default.php

2. Use a "shortcode" or "replacement" for the number of online users and enter it in the particle thru the admin backend. This would look something like: {component onlineusers} or [onlineusers]

I'm not sure if there are shortcodes/replacements for all the different types of data I'd want to display. My guess is that it depends on whether the developer of the component created the shortcodes. Again, I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge of using shortcodes.

QUESTIONS:

1. Is it possible to display dynamic data in the Grid Statistic and Chartlist particles?
      2. If "Yes" then what's the best approach? Is there another way to do it that I'm overlooking?

Thank you!
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by R2ba5Aq4.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to Add Dynamic Data to Grid Statistic and Chartlist Particles

• You will have to do you option 1, create a particle override and change the code. You won't be able to do it with shortcodes.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: R2ba5Aq4

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • R2ba5Aq4
    • Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED How to Add Dynamic Data to Grid Statistic and Chartlist Particles

• Okay, got it. Thanks for the quick reply and for pointing me in the right direction!

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds