Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Newsticker dynamic content

• IDN
    • Joomla! & WP Expert

SOLVED Newsticker dynamic content

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I have been searching for documentation about particles loading dynamic (e.g. joomla articles), specific the 'newsticker' particle.

But i cannot seem to find it, is there a way to say (like in rocksprocket module) to load certain articles in the particle?

Using latest joomla version and installed Xenon template.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Newsticker dynamic content

• No there isn't. Particles cannot as yet load content from Joomla articles.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • IDN
    • Joomla! & WP Expert

• Thanks for the reply Mark, is there any indication of when this function will be implemanted?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No sorry. If you want that type of functionality then just use a roksprocket module instead.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • IDN
    • Joomla! & WP Expert

• Indeed that would be my next move but the template is provided with pre configured particles and the rocksprocket module(s) need to be styled accordingly.

Tho i find it a little strange that dynamicly load is not yet available, especially for particles configured for 'latest news'. Oh well opting for rocksprocket
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I doubt you'll have to do much in terms of styling roksprocket - most of it should inherit from the template. But if you do need some help with CSS tweaks then please let us know.

We simply can't do everything all at once with Gantry 5, we have limited development resources and there are other higher priority developments that we need to make. Gantry 5 has been build from scratch and we continue to invest the majority of our development resources into making it even better. You can raise a feature request on github and our developers will prioritise your request of let you know if it won't be done. It's a complex request because Joomla doesn't making it easy to extract article and category content and we have to do this inside yaml and twig files. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues

Regards, Mark.
    • IDN
    • Joomla! & WP Expert

• Before the post, i placed the news ticker module from rocksprocket and it look nothing alike. But nothing i can't handle.

It is also completely understandable that not everything can be implemented in gantry 5 at launch and i was not expecting that but with rocksprocket modules you got used to dynamic content.

A small sidenote would have clarified it, but now we know.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds