Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Layouts JUST for MainBody Content area?

• oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

Layouts JUST for MainBody Content area?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hi All,

I'll admit I'm a little confused in how best and quickest to be able to put specific conent pages together. I know in the RocketLauncher version of my template Kraken, there's for e.g. Overview, Portfolio, About Us that have a decent form of mainbody content layout ability but it's the length of time it takes to make many individual particle modules to just try and put a content page together.

Of course it affords more personalisation than using 'single articles' but I need to find a solution to the various ways it can be achieved, so your expert opinion would really help?

It's awkward as I'm unsure if any of Gantry 5, layouts and outlines can be used JUST for the mainbody content area, to make this more templatable in anyway?

Sorry if my explanation above is gash, it's the best way I can put across my issue / headache but do ask for more info, if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Layouts JUST for MainBody Content area?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Creating a Mainbody with articles is NO different in Gantry 5 than it was in Gantry 4.
      Create an article and then make sure you have a Page Content Particle somewhere in your Layout and you have an article content page.

If you don't need modules but just a MainBody than create a new Outline -> go to Layout Manager -> click the LOAD button -> PRESETS tab -> PLATFORM column -> select BODY ONLY

Thats it ;)
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: Layouts JUST for MainBody Content area?

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Hi there,

I am currently going through our old posts and was wondering if you still need help with this issue or can we mark it as solved?

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds