Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

• In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
    • Since yesterday, i dont know why, each call of my local webproject (win8.1 xammpp) in browser generates a lot of paths (each with two hexa characters) in my hard drive root. Looks like SHA directory, but i think is caching of TWIG compiled files. I can delete this files, but next call of Photon-project the paths will rebuild. Why save TWIG cache the paths in there, i dont like it! What can I do? I think TWIG dont know a correct path for saving cache files. Can someone help me?
  • Re: In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

Posted 8 years 1 week ago
    • Now I know the reason. If I disable "compile twig" in plugin system gantry 5, then the path is unkown for twig cache. Instead of no caching now twig cache his compiled files in the root directory "/". I think it is a wrong behavior, is'nt it? No compile is NO compile and not cache compiled files in root?!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

This will be a wrong setting for the tmp paths either in joomla or in php.ini.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thank you Mark for answering.
      The Project in not online available - it is not in deployment. That is the reason why it works under xammp on my local machine. I think i need 2-3 days for publishing on webspace.
      Perhabs you can generate this effect by your own machine if you disable the compile twig option in system gantry 5 plugin. But it can be, that the issue only happens under xampp enviroment.
      If i have published the project i will test it again on my webspace and will inform you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I don't have that issue. I am using WAMP though. It will be the paths for your tmp files that is wrong either in Joomla global config or your php.ini settings of XAMPP.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: mediaDESIGN.SK

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• the tmp path is correct i think : F:/xampp/htdocs/etus-landgraf/j35vm3/tmp
      I cant see any issue.
      If you want i can get you a connect via teamviewer on
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry but we don't do remote control support.

when your tmp paths in php.ini too. upload_tmp and system_tmp

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by MrT.

• in php.ini (like default):
      upload_tmp_dir="F:\xampp\tmp"
      system_tmp is'nt there.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by mediaDESIGN.SK.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I can't really add anything else unless I can see it. Have you actually tried this on a real server on the net? I really think it's you XAMPP setup that's the problem. Perhaps you can try wampserver instead?

Regards, Mark.

• what i ask me, why save "twig" cachefiles if i disabled compile twig in the plugin? why not where!
      If i enable compile twig, it use the right path on F:\xampp\htdocs\etus-landgraf\j35vm3\cache\gantry5\rt_photon\twig.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by mediaDESIGN.SK.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds