Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

Posted 8 years 1 week ago
    • Ok I finally understood what you were saying and have managed to reproduce the issue locally. I have now raised an bug report.

https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/1250

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: mediaDESIGN.SK

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

• perfect!
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• And fixed. I will release new version on monday to get this change out ASAP.

But why did you turn twig and yaml compile off? Enabling them makes the site over 4 times faster and they are never meant to be turned off.

• Gantry 5, enjoy!
  • Re: In Photon-project twig save caching files in hard drive root

• i know this reason for using compiling. But what is the reason for existing of this configuration option if the disabling has no effect? I have looking for a option to no compress the scss scripts for better debugging in deverloper mode.

Thank a lot.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• Well, yeah, it was broken and I'll release a fix on Monday for it. Basically the reason for the feature is to allow you to disable compiling in case of some odd server setting prevents you from saving the files into cache.

PS. SCSS will not be compressed if you enable Development mode from Gantry. It can be found from the same location as the above settings, but you can also switch it from Gantry admin.

• Gantry 5, enjoy!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• mediaDESIGN.SK - So as you Can See Matias has done the fix now. It's in the CI build now if you want to try it, the official release should be out shortly.

Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds