Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cache recommendations for Gantry 5

• Lownotes
    • Hero Rocketeer

Cache recommendations for Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 1 week ago
    • I have gantry set to production on the production server. Can someone please suggest the optimal cache/gzip config. I usually use Jotcache but would like to work with what is working best with the Gantry platform. Thank you!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Cache recommendations for Gantry 5

• Global configuration > "conservative" cache
      Global configuration > gzip - ON

"system - page cache" plugin - disabled
      "rokbooster" plugin - enabled.

Rokbooster has to be tuned to your particular environment and extensions - this is not something we can do for you as part of this support forum. I encourage you to read the rokbooster documentation to learn how to add exclusions and change the many other settings in rokbooster. Once tuned rokbooster will speed up your site so it's worth the effort.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Lownotes
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you Mr T.

One other quick question related to this, is deleting cache through the joomla system menu item (gantry line item with check) the same as clearing cache from the gantry admin interface? Wondering if one is preferred or not.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Lownotes wrote:
      Thank you Mr T.

One other quick question related to this, is deleting cache through the joomla system menu item (gantry line item with check) the same as clearing cache from the gantry admin interface? Wondering if one is preferred or not.

There are both the same and will clear out the [JOOMLA-ROOT]\cache\gantry5\ folder.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Lownotes - I have double-checked my understanding with our DEVS and this is the answer:

Joomla "clear cache" will clear the cache that it is set to use (normally "file" cache handler, but doesn't have to be) and will do that for all extensions/plugins. Gantry "clear cache" will only clear "file" cache for "Gantry 5" (no other extensions/plugins). Gantry 5 always uses "file" cache to compile TWIG and YAML, so if Joomla Global configuration was set to use a cache handler other than "file" then it would not clear the Gantry 5 cache". Gantry 5 will use file cache even if global configuration has cache turned off. Joomla uses the cache for data whereas Gantry 5 uses if to compile TWIG and YAML. Gantry 5 just uses the same folder as Joomla would (if set to "file" cache handler).

So, as you can see, there is a difference.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds