Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 administrator layout problem

• EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Gantry 5 administrator layout problem

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • Guys, got a couple of weird issues here with the Gantry administrator. They are intermittent, but troublesome.

I usually go into Components > Gantry 5 and then click configure template. This goes to Base Outline > styles. I try to use the dropdown to change outline. Nothing happens.

If I go into Extensions > Templates > Topaz - Home, for example, and open it directly, I can change from one set of settings to another: Styles, Page Settings, Layout, etc. Occasionally, selecting Layout for any outline will produce the results in the attached pic.

Clearing the Joomla cache will fix it sometimes. Other times, it seems to fix itself.

As I said, it's intermittent, doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it makes me itchy.

Thoughts?
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by EPIC Web.
    • Betty K.
      Barely competent webdrone, but willing to learn!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 5 administrator layout problem

• Love your Avatar and siggy
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

First try the "other" two browsers and see if you still have the issue. If you don't than in the problematic browser start it in a "Safe Mode":

"Incognito" - for Chrome
      "Private" - for FireFox
      "Safe Mode" - for IE11

What this does is turn all the users add-ons and custom browsers settings OFF and can help resolve a browser related issue.

If you still have issues would you please create a SuperAdmin login and email it to me at xxx so that I can take a look.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Kat05.
    • EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi, Dan. Thanks for the kind words. I like my little blue guy too. Got one in green too.

As I noted, these two issues don't happen all the time. They don't always happen at the same time. Sometimes clearing caches helps. Sometimes not. Sometimes logging out of Joomla administrator and going back in will help. I posted more to record the administrator issue and see if anyone else had seen this. I am interested in why this happens, if anyone knows, and what can be done about it, but it's not a career-ending injury so I play on.

FYI, I posted a display issue with Gantry 4 administrator that I marked Solved, though there was never an answer: http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-solved-threads/251570-solved-gantry-4-1-8-administrator-component-issues#1254606 . Since I was changing out G4 for G5, it didn't seem a good use of you guys' time to fix it when it didn't seem to affect anyone else.

In this case, is there a tag for "not solved, but just recording for posterity?"

But I don't like to have something that goes wonky on my site for no known reason.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by EPIC Web. Reason: edited for info
    • Betty K.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Sorry to hear that.

Would you please create a SuperAdmin login for me along with FTP access info and email it to me at xxx so that I can take a look.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Kat05.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • EPIC, do you still need help with this?

Are you running any Joomla Caching? Conservative should be fine... avoid using Progressive forever and always. Any 3rd party caching? What about CDN?

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Matt, I don't think so. It was so annoying and troubling that I have started using Firefox again. It appears to be a Chrome issue.
    • Betty K.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Do you have any browser extensions installed on your Chrome? I pretty much exclusively use Chrome and I've not run into the issue you're describing. Interesting it is not an issue for you in Mozilla....

Try Chrome Canary without any 3rd party extensions installed perhaps: www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds