Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Form not responsive in Gantry 5

• Form not responsive in Gantry 5

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • Hello,

The search form is not in Responsive Gantry 5 (see screen copy attached), then there is no problem on other Template. How to solve the problem please?
      Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Form not responsive in Gantry 5

• You've added custom CSS to make any classes that begin "span" to be floated left - this means that they won't be constrained by the container in which they reside and therefore won't be responsive.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Form not responsive in Gantry 5

• What should I do to solve the problem Mark?
      thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Remove your custom CSS statement that is making all classes beginning "span" into floats.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• On their template, the form is normally displayed on all screens ( see ).

On Gantry 5, when I put in the form module "Bootstrap: 0" (see screen A copy), it normally appears on the small screen. But the more the screen is enlarged, the more the form is growing.

If I put "Bootstrap: 5"(see screen B copy), it normally appears on the big screen, but not on the small screen.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Gantry 5 is not a Bootstrap template and it does not take any account of that setting in admin (which is only intended for Joomla's own bootstrap based templates). It is your custom CSS that changes span classes to floats that make the form no longer behave responsively.

Regards, Mark.

• My custom.css file I have this "span" (see screen copy C). What should I do ?
      I'm sorry Mark but I am lost.
      Thank you for your help
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yep, that's the one... remove that statement completely - that is what is making the form not behave resposively.

Regards, Mark.

• Like this ? (See screenshot)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yep remove it - (including the closing brace).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds