Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Form not responsive in Gantry 5

• Re: Form not responsive in Gantry 5

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • And this, should I remove? (See screenshot)
      Overall I found 2 span in custom.scss
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Form not responsive in Gantry 5

• I've no idea what that one is for - only you will know that... but as it's conditional with use of "customclass" (whatever that is) then I doubt it will have as much negative impact as the other more generic statement that you added.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hello,

The problem of the form remains the same. I really do not see how to make it responsive with Gantry5.

Kind Regards

• I was forced to put in the module "Bootstrap: 6" (see screen copy) for the module is displayed on all screens. Because I do not have other solutions.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, let's be clear about this. This is not a problem that had anything to do with Gantry5. You chose to override some classes in your custom CSS to make them float. As soon as you make something float it will not be constrained by the container in which it resides and therefore will not be responsive. I.e. the problem is caused by using "float" - this is nothing to do with Gantry 5.

Next, Gantry 5 is not a bootstrap template so it's no good comparing it to a bootstrap template and saying there's a difference in behaviour because I can only agree with you because Gantry 5 is not a bootstrap template.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Here attached the custom.css file. Can you tell me Mark please where is the problem?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We're going around in circles - I have several times:
      [class*="span"] {
      float: left;
      min-height: 1px;
      margin-left: 50px;
      }

Regards, Mark.

• I feel that the solution is very hard to find ..
      Mark thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Sorry for the delay in replying.

You have done extensive customisation on your site to manipulate/change what the template does. We can't possible go though all your customisation to make it all work correctly within the scope of this forum. I've indicated to you where the root cuase of the issue lies (namely use of floats)... you need to find alternate solution to that.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds