Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hydrogen, float the social particle

• Hydrogen, float the social particle

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • HI Everyone

I am a real newbie

I am using Gantry 5 with the Hydrogen template and going along pretty well

But I can't work out how to get the social particle to float on the right (or left) hand side of the site as you scroll down the pages

Is there a plugin I should use or where should I place it in the template and what settings to get it to float

Any pointers would be appreciated

Witchypaws
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Hydrogen, float the social particle

• Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Hydrogen, float the social particle

• HI Mark

It's not much of a site yet, still working on the base outline but it can be found at jbpreview004.website

I have seen the floating social icons on other gantry templates and would just like some instructions which plugins I need to do this or where I need to place the social particle and it settings

Thanks

Witchypasw
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can position the social icons absolute wherever you need them and they will then float...
      div.g-social {
          position: absolute;
          top: 10px;
          left: 10px;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Hydrogen, float the social particle

• Thanks Mark

that helps a lot, just one more quick question which may also help other newbies wanting to do this

Do you put the particle in the offcanvas section or does it not matter which section of the template layout you place it in

cheers

Witchypaws
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You don't want to put it in the offcanvas section otherwise the toggle for offcanvas will always show. Other that that it doesn't really matter where you put the particle/module as you are overridding it's position with CSS using absolute positioning. Do remember though that wherever you place it that position will continue to occupy space on the layout (even though you relocated the content with CSS).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds