Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Add extra google fonts for Helium template

• Add extra google fonts for Helium template

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • I would like to be able to specify a few different fonts for different heading types using the Helium Template. I can adjust the two options for font families available through the Styles page on the Gantry 5 themes control panel. However I would like to be able to specify more google fonts, for example h2 and h3. Can this be done without downloading the google fonts onto the site? I am looking for the option that is likely ot have the least impact on the speed of the site. I have added the css to the custom.scss stylesheet, however it does not seem to load the fonts unless I have them stored locally.
      Thanks
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Add extra google fonts for Helium template

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • The more fonts that you load the slower your site will become - so keep it to a minimum.

To add a custom font to Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/fonts .

You don't have to download the fonts locally. If you want to load a google font then just import the fontface definition from google and then add custom CSS to use it wherever you need to.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds