Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Calling a shell script from twig

• Calling a shell script from twig

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hi guys,

Im writing a new Gantry particle for Flot.js and will be backending it to a bunch of RRDs. I need to script the input from the server when the particle is called so that it grabs the latest info from the RRD using a shell script. Its a very basic shell script but it needs to be this way as the RRD tools are all designed to be run in shell.

My question is this. Is there any other template on the Rockettheme platform that does anything similar to this already? I always hate reinventing wheels.

Thanks,

Paula
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Paula Livingstone.
    • Do'er of stuff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Calling a shell script from twig

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Not that I can recollect, no. It's going to be your TWIG HTML that will need to use the script to make the call to the external service to get results and then to populate the html output before the page is rendered.

Basically if you can do it a customhtml module/particle then you can turn that into a particle afterwards. Furst you need to establish how to call the script, get the output, and then render the result.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds