Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Menu Ordering

• daveskye
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Menu Ordering

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • Hello

Currently if my client changes the order of a Joomla main menu item it does not change on the frontend.
      To make the frontend menu order change I need to edit the ordering within Gantry 5.

I don't want to give the client access to gantry 5 otherwise there is a good chance the client will start screwing up the design of the website.

How can we make the menu ordering in Joomla work when using Gantry 5??

Cheers. - Dave.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Menu Ordering

• You can't - menu order is controlled via Gantry 5 menu editor NOT Joomla menu manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • daveskye
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hello Mark

Thanks for your quick reply.

Are you aware of any plans to address the problem?

I am very aware the Gantry 5 is an open source project relying on volunteers, but it there any way to request adjustments such as this?

A check box setting would be great allowing the admin to select between Joomla ordering or Gantry ordering.

Cheers. - Dave.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• We don't see it as a problem. No, there are no plans to address this.

Gantry 5 has to work with three different CMS's (GRAV, Wordpress and Joomla) so that is why Gantry 5 provided a menu editor and this is where menu editing should be done.

You can raise issues against the Gantry 5 project here https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues

You may also be interested in this ticket start in 2015 too https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/552

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds