Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

(Help!!) No Modules Displaying

• (Help!!) No Modules Displaying

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Hi there,

Sorry in advance if I have posted in the wrong area!

I feel really dumb having to ask this, but I've just starting working with Gantry 5 again and although I was able to set up my Header, Nagivation and Footer areas fairly easily, I cannot for the life of me get any modules to display!!!

For example, I have used the Layout manager, added a Module Instance particle to the Showcase position and selected my module (Rocksprocket K2 Slider). I've also added a Module Position particle and assigned the module to it - no luck with either, I just keep seeing nothing on the page in the front end. I have checked the module assignment settings and I have made sure it is published!
      I have also tried the same process with a non-Rockettheme module (News Show Pro from Joomshaper), still no luck!!

I've done everything I can think of - I've checked the site using the Inspection tool and the position isn't even showing - and I have searched and searched Google/Gantry Doco all morning and just can't figure out why it isn't working - surely I've missed something?

My site is here - 122.201.103.239/~develop/ and I am using the basic Hydrogen template.

Please help!! I'm at my wits end - and I have a meeting in a few hours that I need to take this site mock-up to and I'm not getting anywhere!!

Thanks desperately in advance!
      Sarah
    • Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by GSC_itsupport. Reason: Added details
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: (Help!!) No Modules Displaying

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: (Help!!) No Modules Displaying

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have included the info in the secure tab as requested - let me know if you need anything more!

Thanks,
      Sarah
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Admin url just redirects to home page so presumably you have a secret url?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Weird. I took the URL off as it's a test site...

Plus I've removed Admin Tools Backend Password. Hmmm.

It's likely Admin Tools was blocking you as only whitelisted IP's were allowed admin access. I have switched that off now, so you should be able to get in. If not, please send over your IP so I can add it and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks!
      Sarah
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Still exactly the same - I cannot get to admin page it just redirects to home page.

Regards, Mark.

• HI Mark,

Can you please send me your IP and I'll try whitelisting it...

Thanks,
      Sarah

• Nevermind, I just found your IP in the security log.

I've whitelisted it and I've removed the Admin Query String - even though it wasn't in use as far as I know.

Try now and let me know if the issue persists...

Thanks,
      Sarah
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, that was a bit of a mess so I've tidied it up for you. But the main issue is that the hydrogen template was not set as default and you had the "helix" framework enabled that was messing up the Gantry 5 template assignments - I corrected both of these (disabled helix) and now the home page is showing modules and using the correct "home" template.

Regards, Mark.

p.s. avoid using "module instance" particles as what you are in effect doin gis to make the outline "page specific" - much better to use "module positions" instead.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds