Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla Article Particles on Random Order

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Joomla Article Particles on Random Order

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • With a view to replacing the outdated Roksprocket component, I'm on work to replace the setting Roksprocket [Joomla! Provider + Mosaic Layout] with the gantry5 joomla articles particle.
      By adapting the scss style (using the custom.scss) I have brought the current work of the old Roksprocket very close, but unfortunately the random display of the articles is missing in the Joomla Articles Particle.

Do you think this *Random* article order could be added in some next update of this important particle?
    • Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla Article Particles on Random Order

• I very much doubt this if I am honest - but if you want toraise a feature request ticket on the Gantry 5 opensource project then you can do that here https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues . The request is nothing to do with any RT products - the joomla article particle is a core part of Gantry 5.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• In fact, I didn't give my programmer the task of creating a particle override. It would be more appropriate for gantry5 to include this choice which I believe is absolutely useful and required. However, I have noticed that if I load many article categories, the published results vary; curiously. The current 8 order options work correctly on a single and / or a few categories. As soon as I load many (I have loaded 31 in ascending order) the results change without understanding the rule.
      At the moment I will exploit this functional bug and hope that soon this particle will be fixed, perhaps with the "random" option more. Perhaps you, who are certainly more qualified than me, can report this request to the gantry5 team.
      As always, if you wish, I will give you access to the site (a RT Citadel template) that I'm developing to pass it to joomla 4.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Gantry 5 is an opensource project - if you want the developers of that product to consider that new functionality then you should raise a ticket yourself on the Gantry 5 opensource project. It's not a requirement that RT has and to my knowledge you're the only one that has ever indicated this is desirable. so, post your ticket, see what they say and if it garners support from the community they might consider adding that. But I will also state that I think that this is a limitation in the Joomla API that the finder uses - there is no "random" option for sort within that.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, I saw, great.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds