Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Template problem

• matthys
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Template problem

Posted 2 years 1 month ago
    • Hello
      I am using Joomla 3.10.5 with Gantry 5.5.9 template fluent 1.5.1 and I do have this message when I look on my site:
      0 An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Failed to save file /var/www/catechese-par-la-parole.catholique.fr/cache/gantry5/rt_fluent/html/4209b12ade271aa9482aa83b87f70b63.php").
      I have other sites using the same environment and "some of them", not all, have the same problem; and this problem from time to time does not appear... only "sometimes"
      Seems to be related with the template; any correction on your side??
      Thanks
      Best Regards
      Chris
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Template problem

• A failed to save when to me imply the directory is not writeable either through wrong permissions, wrong owner group, or mod_security rules. Look in the apache error log and security log for more clues. Also are you in "production" or "development" mode in Gantry 5?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • matthys
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I am not a pro enough to read the logs.
      I am in production mode
      An intuition from my side: I am using the fluent theme and I have added the orion and the horizon templates a few days ago, in the same site, with the fluent theme (to make/try new things); Seems to me this is the beginning of my errors
      Do you see any correlation?
      Thanks, Chris
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Not sure why you need to be a pro to log into your hosting account and look at the error log?

I've already given the only hypothesis I have without looking at your site. You need to make sure everything is up to date too.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • matthys
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to matthys, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm.

1. You had error level set to "none" - I set error level to "maximum" in global config and this reveals third-party plugins causing issues - so I looked at extensions manager > update and not only are they listed as requiring an update but so are many other third-party plugins too. Any error in a plugin can have knock-on consequences to other and Gantry - therefore you should always keep your software up to date - so please bring everything up to current versions.

2. You had an extremely old version of the gantry v3 template installed that you were not using - so I uninstalled it.

3. You had a half installed and corrupt version of Gantry 4 installed - because I was unable to install it (because of error message) I installed latest Gantry 4 and was then able to imeediately uninstall it afterwards.

4. You have "nextend" library causing errors - this library is usually used by "smartslider" extension - but you don't appear to have that installed - but I do see "nextendslider generator for facebook" - I've no idea what this is but see it there is a later version with a more up to date library.

5. I changed you to "development" mode - leave it like that for now and see if you get the error message again.

6. You have rokextender installed - you do not need this for Gantry 5 so it should be uninstalled.

Fix the above and then see if the error recurs.

Regards, Mark.
    • matthys
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I made the updates and I will do the same for the two other sites which have the same problem
      And then let's see...
      I will let you know if any problem
      Many thanks, best Regards
      Chris
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds