Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 not rendering smart slider shortcode.

• Gantry 5 not rendering smart slider shortcode.

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • Hi,

We have an issue where the gantry based template is not replacing the smart slider component.

It's only happening in the body of the template and if we add the shortcode or the module (which adds the shortcode), it will work fine.

I've also switched to another template (joomla default) and smart slider is working fine there.

There are no issues with smart slide it seems but something to do with gantry.

I've tried looking on google but couldn't find any related threads. Anyone aware of what might be the solution here?

Thank you in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 not rendering smart slider shortcode.

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please give a bit more detail on what is not working.

Regards, Mark.

p.s. I note that you do not have a current subscription - support in this forum does require a current subscription.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 not rendering smart slider shortcode.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

• Done! Will buy one now. Appreciate you guys looking into this.

• Done, Subscription renewed too.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so I see the issue on your site but it's hard to know what is causing it. I tried this for myself on my own local copy of the Fluent theme and it worked perfectly so this leads me to conclude it is one of your many other third-party extensions causing this issue. So, I offer the following suggestions:

1. I changed error level to "maximum" in global configuration and this reveals several extensions causing error messages - you should resolve these first or completely disable those extensions.
      2. Your PHP version is quite old - so update to PHP 7.3.x or PHP 7.4.x
      3. You have many third-party extensions which are out of date - update them all to latest versions.
      4. Try disabling your third-party extensions one at a time (clearing browser and server cache between each) until you find the culprit.
      5. Try isolating the use of that shortcode to just one simple page (with very little on it except for the customhtml particle).
      6. Try a clean Rocketlauncher installation locally yourself (using MAMP WAMP or XAMPP) to satisfy yourself that the shortcode does indeed work without all the other third-party products installed.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Alright, Thanks Mark. That's helpful. I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks,
      Chetan
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds