Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

gantry 5 & editing other than super users

• nudlaug
    • Hero Rocketeer

gantry 5 & editing other than super users

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • hi,
      is it possible that other users than super users can motify website-content when the content is not coming from joomla articles?
      i just finished a website using gantry/denali where the content is coming to 99% percent from particle. previous sites it was the other way around so that "normal" users could edit the content more or less.
      kind regards
      oliver
    • Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by nudlaug.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: gantry 5 & editing other than super users

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • It depends what you do/do not want your users to do. For example if you want to prevent them from accessing g5 admin then you would need to put the particles inside "gantry 5 particle" modules and assign them to positions on your layout. Then, you could just give access to module manager to allow users to change the contents of the particles. In general terms though (for sites that I develop) I tend to just give access to users to articles only, then I use the articles in various particles so that I retain control over the "look" of the site and avoid any disasters by users changing things that they should not.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds