Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Particle/ Module Latest News/ Studius template

• Gantry 5 Particle/ Module Latest News/ Studius template

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • I'm trying to create a module "latest news" but it doesn't appear on the site. Also, what is the difference between the modules "latest news" & "news?
    • Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Particle/ Module Latest News/ Studius template

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • In the latest news particle items your selected neither an image or text - therefore there was nothing to show - hence white space. So I added an image to the first item (just picked one at random) and added text description to all of the items. Now it works fine.

You also have the module only assigned to the home menu item (so it will only show on the home page).

Finally, the url you used in the items are orphaned links (no menu item id is quoted) so Joomla will default to opening them in the "default" menu item (which in you case is "home") - so you should add &itemId=123 to the url where 123 is the menu item ID that you wish to use to open the page.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: DESPOINA ANASTASIADOU

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 Particle/ Module Latest News/ Studius template

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • 1. I can't decide that for you as I have no idea what else you want to be showing on the page with the article - so it's up to you to decide.

2. the template scss can be found in /templates/rt_studius/scss - you should never change any of it in this location. If you want to change anything then you need to write some custom CSS and use a custom.scss file. To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Be consistent in your images sizes and don't make them any larger than they need to appear. Check all your entries they need tp have both text and an image in the settings for each.

3. I can't do you development for you - have a go for yourself, if you get stuck then tell me what you tried to change and what you did and i will be able to comment on that.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 Particle/ Module Latest News/ Studius template

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • If you want the photos to appear the same size then make the photos the same size - be consistent for the image dimensions. There is no CSS code that is going to do that for you without completely distorting the images.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds