Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

406 error when saving templates in Gantry 5

• 406 error when saving templates in Gantry 5

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • I am using Joomla 3.10.11 in a InMotion Hosting shared server.

Currently I am preparing a website for migrating to Joomla 4 and I am currently using PHP 7.4 as PHP 8 breaks the site.
      I am trying to make the J3 site work properly in PHP 8 before migrating to Joomla 4.

I created a Clone of the website and updated to the last version of Gantry, Helium and other components/plugins.

One of the components is not J4 compatible so I was planning to use a Gantry Particle instead.

While working with the Layout view I made some very small changes to a particle and received the error:
      Error 406 - Not Acceptable
      Generally a 406 error is caused because a request has been blocked by Mod Security. If you believe that your request has been blocked by mistake please contact the web site owner.

This error is not consistent. I cloned the layout and made some changes in that new layout without triggering the error. Then I made a change in the dimensions of the particle I was trying to change and got the very same error immediately.

Even more puzzling, later on, I tried making the very same change (I decided to make the change in the yaml file but didn't do so yet) and the change took without producing an error.

I suspect mod_security may not configured ideally for Gantry, but before I call Hosting support I wanted to check here to see if this is something known and what the fix may be.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: 406 error when saving templates in Gantry 5

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • Check the security log - it will tell you what is being blocked and therefore your host can edit the rule. Gantry5 admin needs to make Ajax calls to retrieve data from the server.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds