Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Error: preg_replace_callback

• Error: preg_replace_callback

Posted 5 months 1 week ago
    • Clarity 1.5 Template is throwing the following error when I change site view from English to Spanish.

8192 preg_replace_callback(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated.

PHP is 8.2. Joomla is latest stable 4.4

How can I fix this?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Error: preg_replace_callback

• Are you certain that error is being generated from a Gantry file?

Upgrade to the latest 5.5.17 version of Gantry
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Error: preg_replace_callback

• Seems likely, as I change to the Casseopea theme, and the message dissapears, when I switch from English to Spanish. Back to rt_clarity and it returns.

I just checked, and am using Gantry 5.5.17

I understand that I can change my error level reporting to not show these deprecations. Should I be concerned about deprecated error messages at all?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Error: preg_replace_callback

• What's the full error... what file specifically threw the error you're referencing? Turn up Joomlas error handling or enable Gantry's development mode and full Whoops Handler errors (under the Platform Settings: docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/extras#platform-settings ) to get the full stack trace... its possible it's a Clarity file or it's possible it's from an override you have in Clarity's /html/ folder or it's possible it's another 3rd party component or plugin

You do not need to be concerned about them for the remainder of the PHP 8 series, they're just warnings stating that the function still excecated but it should of been written differently and MAY be unsupported in future versions (PHP 9+).
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds