Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Search result for custom page

• RacerFX
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Search result for custom page

Posted 4 months 3 weeks ago
    • I've built a site primarily with Gantry 5 custom pages for most of the site menu items. The problem comes with search result not showing the custom pages. Is there a way to make search index menu items?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Search result for custom page

• The Joomla search only indexes Articles. Custom outline content does not live in the database, it lives in YAML files stored in /custom/config/

Discussed here: github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/237
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • RacerFX
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Yes, I don't know why I didn't realize this before, but this was the first time doing all Gantry custom menus. Unfortunately, I had to go back and convert 160 menu items to individual blank articles. LOL. Works now.

By the way, couldn't there be a plugin created to include menu items in the search?
    • Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by RacerFX.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Aye, that'll work... it's still only going to index the article titles (assuming the content is then blank) in that scenario... you COULD paste other stuff you want to be searchable in the body and then just remove the "Page Content" particle from the outline to prevent it rendering... but then you'd need a way to output the Article title as well, so might be more trouble than it's worth.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds