Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Getting templates to work with SMF Forum

Getting templates to work with SMF Forum

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • I joined the template club today and I'm having a problem with running a forum using any of the templates.  It seems the template is coded so that it runs the forum inside a small space inside the template. 

I would like to know if I can easily modify any of the templates so that the forum will run beneath the header section instead of a small section inside the template.  I need the forum to be the same width as the template design.

I see that RocketTheme.com is already doing this wilth their site.

Re: Getting templates to work with SMF Forum

• Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Thanks for the info.

You basically leave the Jooma template alone, and modify the forum template. Makes sense. The only problem is that when you modify your template, you need to make changes in two places.

• Michael Colucci wrote:
      Thanks for the info.

You basically leave the Jooma template alone, and modify the forum template. Makes sense. The only problem is that when you modify your template, you need to make changes in two places.

That is exactly what I did on my site www.vibez.co.uk/forum/  ; Although I made the smf template index.php and css point towards my joomla template images, so I only need to change the graphics in one place for it to show up on both templates
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Michael Colucci wrote:
      Thanks for the info.

No problem...
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds