Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokRotator stopped rotating in Chrome

• ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: RokRotator stopped rotating in Chrome

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • Tyndie wrote:
      The update will fix some issues with the admin panel, I have replicated your issue, and I will report it to the dev team.
      Is my issue "with the admin panel"? I was unaware of it being admin panel. I thought the issue was the RokNewsRotator widget. I recently spoke to someone else with a similar issue.

What does "replicated and report it to dev team mean to me exactly

Anyway, I'm not WP-savvy enough to know if this is fair or not. My reading of the forums is than many/most participants are tech-savvy pros who understand coding and so forth.

I posted in a NON-THEME directed manner and my issue is the rotator widget, and if the widget is broken, I just want a code fix.

I seem to be bumping up against the reality of the Rocket biz-model and with a broken widget, the fix I'm told is to renew the WP club @ $60, which is like, to my limited need, RE-PURCHASING the theme.

Its one thing to buy a theme upgrade, like Thesis, with tangible improvements, and its at my option, but this is different, at least in my mind.

I had the distinct impression that had my CMS been Joomla, Kat was ready to suggest a fix.

In any event, my issue is not the theme, its the widget.

If anyone else is following along here, what are my options - can the RokNews widget be replaced separately from the theme? Or do I need to replace it with something else, like Feature Content?
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hi,

When you purchasing a subscription, you do not purchase a theme, you purchase access to the theme downloads, and access to the support forum.

I have referred the issue to one of the development team to have a look at, and once there is a js fix, I will provide you with the javascript file to fix it.

However if you find that later, if you require a fix any of the other issues that were addressed in the latest theme update, you will need to resubscribe to obtain it.
    • ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Tyndie wrote:
      Hi,

When you purchasing a subscription, you do not purchase a theme, you purchase access to the theme downloads, and access to the support forum.

I have referred the issue to one of the development team to have a look at, and once there is a js fix, I will provide you with the javascript file to fix it.

However if you find that later, if you require a fix any of the other issues that were addressed in the latest theme update, you will need to resubscribe to obtain it.
      I see. Interesting business model. Thank you.
    • ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • Tyndie wrote:
      Hy Tyndie, I'm still thinking about that Wordpress Club subscription renewal.
      In the meantime, after 5+ weeks, did they get back with the RokRotator fix? Thanks! -marcus
    • ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• ADMAX wrote:
      Tyndie wrote:
      Hy Tyndie, I'm still thinking about that Wordpress Club subscription renewal.
      In the meantime, after 5+ weeks, did they get back with the RokRotator fix? Thanks! -marcus
      Tyndie, or anyone. Any word? The rokrorator fix? m
    • ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• 8 weeks waiting now, Its not about the theme - its the Rokrotator.

I would settle for the courtesy of you telling me to "Bug-off if you are not going to re-subscribe to the club."

But ANY communication is better than NO communication, which just occured over the last 10-days waiting since my last post. -marcus
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi admax,

sorry about the late response, i will check with our wordpress developer about this issue.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
  • Re: RokRotator stopped rotating in Chrome

• Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Our JS developer was very busy with working on the new extensions and because of that we were unable to fix it earlier. We'll take a look on it today. One more time sorry for the delay.

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
    • ADMAX
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Kat and Jakub! Thank you!

Kat, we call our parent company 'CAT'! >
      www.catalysthouse.net

Thank you guys for jumping in, I thought I was solely at the mercy of Tynedie 8)

I live on the beach in San Clemente California BTW.
      I moderate some forums too --
      www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/ (card-counting)
      www.zenzoneforum.com (conspiracy theory)

I've been meaning to tell one of my assistants to just replace Rokrotator with a different slider, it might even be cooler, but I haven't paid much attention.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

Maybe my Rokrotator simply got corrupted? Can either of you just send me a WP Rokrotator code?

Dankashen and Auf Wedershen! --marcus
  • Re: RokRotator stopped rotating in Chrome

• Hi,

Sent you a PM.

Jakub
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds