Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

Re: Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

Posted 18 years 2 weeks ago
    • You might be at a pont where it's just some good old fashioned tweaking of your keywords on the homepage to get to the front page of results. Too bad that's the tough part, trying to figure out if you've overdone your keywords and what position on the page they need to be in.

I haven't had much luck with Google lately, but in Yahoo I can replace one story in the second frontpage position and easily drop from 2nd to 29th in a couple of days. When I move the story back to the frontpage I go back up to #2 in a couple of days.

I would suggest for you to have a link on your homepage that reads 'Joomla Templates' and links to a page that is titled Joomla templates or you could try renaming your menu item from 'available templates' to 'Joomla Templates' or 'Available Joomla Templates' if you need to.

You should also have a link that reads 'Free Joomla Templates' on the homepage as many searchers will be searching the terms 'Free Joomla Templates' and that can be your secondary key phrase.

Also don't completely forget about the term 'mambo templates' as most mambo users may upgrade to joomla sooner or later. If your templates are only working with Joomla it might be reason enough for them to upgrade.

Just my two-bits. ;D
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Joomlaboom wrote:
      You might be at a pont where it's just some good old fashioned tweaking of your keywords on the homepage to get to the front page of results. Too bad that's the tough part, trying to figure out if you've overdone your keywords and what position on the page they need to be in.

I haven't had much luck with Google lately, but in Yahoo I can replace one story in the second frontpage position and easily drop from 2nd to 29th in a couple of days. When I move the story back to the frontpage I go back up to #2 in a couple of days.

I would suggest for you to have a link on your homepage that reads 'Joomla Templates' and links to a page that is titled Joomla templates or you could try renaming your menu item from 'available templates' to 'Joomla Templates' or 'Available Joomla Templates' if you need to.

You should also have a link that reads 'Free Joomla Templates' on the homepage as many searchers will be searching the terms 'Free Joomla Templates' and that can be your secondary key phrase.

Also don't completely forget about the term 'mambo templates' as most mambo users may upgrade to joomla sooner or later. If your templates are only working with Joomla it might be reason enough for them to upgrade.

Just my two-bits. ;D

i second the bolded bit andy ... or is that third it
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Good thinking! I forth that! Especially the part about changing 'Available' to 'Joomla Templates! $0.02 worth!

dave
      Joomlaboom wrote:
      You might be at a pont where it's just some good old fashioned tweaking of your keywords on the homepage to get to the front page of results. Too bad that's the tough part, trying to figure out if you've overdone your keywords and what position on the page they need to be in.

Just my two-bits. ;D
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I changed it to available joomla templates, we'll see if that makes any diff :)
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• from my point of view i meant change the category title from available templates to joomla tempaltes

as it stands at the moment 'joomla templates' is too far back in your url as it comes right at the end

only a suggestion but instead of calling your section 'products' call it 'joomla' and then joomla templates for the section ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Search Criteria: 'joomla templates' (without the apostrophe)

Date/Time: 4-18-06/21:40 US Pacific

From Google.com (USA)

Report: Ranking 12 overall, 2nd page.

No change from last time.
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

• Hey Andy,

Another seo tool for you to try...
      This one displays the Page Rank of all links in a page.
      Worth a try?

Duncan
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• duncani wrote:
      Hey Andy,

Another seo tool for you to try...
      This one displays the Page Rank of all links in a page.
      Worth a try?

Duncan

Great tool ! Thank you for the link !
    • Yves
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Andy, do you feed your pigeons ?
    • Yves

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds