Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Which SMF Bridge and Why??

• TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Which SMF Bridge and Why??

Posted 18 years 2 weeks ago
    • I know, that's like asking which car is better but here is what I am wondering.

I have installed Orstio's bridge on a test site and everything seems to be working fine with 1.07. I see much talk about Joomlahacks/Cowboy's bridge.

Does anyone know if one or the other has more of a future commitment to Joomla? By that I mean does one offer more updates & better support and more active development for future versions of Joomla.

I want to put in the right bridge that will grow and update as Joomla updates and don't want to have to re-create the wheel 6 months down the road because one of the bridges isn't actively keeping up with Joomla.

Are people typically happier with one or the other bridge??

Thanks for any insight.
  • Re: Which SMF Bridge and Why??

Posted 18 years 2 weeks ago
    • I was wondering the same thing several weeks ago. I went with Orstio's bridge because at the time he supported SMF 1.1 RC2 and Cowboy's did not. Another huge factor for me was the fact that Cowboy's bridge requires you to install Joomla and SMF to the same database. That doesn’t set well with me, although I suppose you could always separate them later. Orstio's requires a couple additional small hacks to work with Joomla 1.0.8 now. I have Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF 1.1 RC2 running with Orstio’s bridge and I’m happy. Additionally, I don’t think there is any reason why I or anyone couldn’t switch between the two in a pinch. I’d be interested in which one you go with and why, when you decide.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds