Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changing the header.jpg

Changing the header.jpg

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Sorry this may seem real dumb. But I am trying to replace the header.jpg in the Tribute template. I cannot figure out how to do it. Please help.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Changing the header.jpg

• It's not dumb, but a little vague. Do you mean you cannot overwrite the file or you don't know how to create a new one?

• Andy Miller wrote:
      It's not dumb, but a little vague. Do you mean you cannot overwrite the file or you don't know how to create a new one?

I cannot overwrite it. I cant even find the original graphic.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• the images are in the the templates/jw_vividdesign/images/ directory

Depending on your hosting permissions you might not be able to overwrite this with FTP, you may be able to set these files permissions to 777 and then overwrite them. If not you can download joomlaXplorer ( extensions.joomla.org ) and install that component. This component will let you modify the permissions or upload a new file etc.

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • Andy Miller wrote:
      the images are in the the templates/jw_vividdesign/images/ directory

Depending on your hosting permissions you might not be able to overwrite this with FTP, you may be able to set these files permissions to 777 and then overwrite them. If not you can download joomlaXplorer ( extensions.joomla.org ) and install that component. This component will let you modify the permissions or upload a new file etc.

I have installed Joomla xPlorer on my sites but I can still not modify permissions, upload new files, edit, rename, etc.

Any ideas please?

Susan

• Susan if you go into your backend of Joomla and pick System Info under System in the top menu, what does your permissions say?

Preferable everything should be Writeable.

What happens if you try and change permissions in Joomla Explorer?

But if you can't change permission for anything, rename or delete stuff, then you might contact your host. I once had a problem where chmodding stuff wasn't easy, and apparently it was a host error and they sorted the problem in minutes.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 11 months ago by .

• Hi Thomas,

In System Info, it says everything is writeable.

I went into Global Configuration and changed all the permissions for files and directories, including existing ones, to 777. Before doing so, it said that configuration.php was unwriteable, so I first changed permissions on that file to 777, and then in Global Configuraiton it said it was writeable, and it saved my new settings without a problem.

However, when I went back to xPlorer, it would still not allow me to upload, edit, delete or rename any files.

I had already contacted my host yesterday, and they said that my user account has ownership of all files, so I shouldn't have a problem. Also, I can easily CHMOD other files and folders on other non-Joomla domains with that account.

I'm only having this problem within my Joomla installs, and I'm having it on two separate hosts (both of which aren't a problem to change permissions on non-Joomla sites).

Susan

• Oh that doesn't sound good :(

What does it say under Site / Global Configuration / Server ?

My server settings are set to CHMOD new folders and files to 0755 - same at your install?

Have you tried adding a mark to Apply to existing files and folders and then save?

• Under Site/ Global Config / Server, I had set all files and folders (including existing) 777. When I saved, it did say that the settings were updated. But when I went to Xplorer, I still couldn't change permissions or work with files.

I then went back to FTP and was able to change permissions on individual files and folders there, which then made them accessible in Xplorer. So I guess it's always a process of changing permissions first via FTP before Xplorer will work? I thought Xplorer was supposed to allow me to do this if my Global Configuration was set to writeable for everything.

Now I'm wondering if I should reduce some of the permissions in the Global Config for security reasons. Since it didn't help to change them to 777 for all files and folders, should I set them back? And if so, what should they be, 755?

Thanks for your help.

Susan

• 755 is default for Xplorer so no harm trying that I reckon.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds