Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Macphoria sub-menu path orginization visual issue...

Macphoria sub-menu path orginization visual issue...

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,
      I am somewhat new to Joomla/Mambo, I also posted this to the joomla.com forums, but I figure I will try it here as well. I am playing around with the Macphoria template and I want to have my main menu items in the pill menu, which I have figured out, but then I want there to be sub-menu items sometimes two or three items deep. I understand that the sub-menus need to be in the right column, but when I create a submenu and click on one of the subitems, the content I want to load shows up, but the main (pill) menu item de-selects itself and the path changes.

It is more of a visual thing, but is there a way to keep whatever the parent item is in the pill menu highlighted and the path correct (i.e., Home >> Pill Menu Item >> Sub Menu Item 1 >> Sub Menu Item 2 >> etc, as opposed to displaying Home >> Sub Menu Item 2) It also does this in the macphoria demo page which can be seen at www.mambofy.com/ , so I do not know if I am asking too much. Any help greatly appreciated.
      Matt
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Macphoria sub-menu path orginization visual issue...

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • What you are asking is not supported in mambo or joomla at this time. I've used a custom menu module to achieve this type effect in a few recent templates (split-menu), but the default menu modules that ship with joomla/mambo cannot do what you require I'm afraid. The best advice I have is to take the macphoria template and also take GeoSync, and see how the split menu is done there, and graft the split menu into macphoria. It will not be trivial but it is possible.
      MATTHEW R CHAMBERS wrote:
      Hello,
      I am somewhat new to Joomla/Mambo, I also posted this to the joomla.com forums, but I figure I will try it here as well.  I am playing around with the Macphoria template and I want to have my main menu items in the pill menu, which I have figured out, but then I want there to be sub-menu items sometimes two or three items deep.  I understand that the sub-menus need to be in the right column, but when I create a submenu and click on one of the subitems, the content I want to load shows up, but the main (pill) menu item de-selects itself and the path changes. 

It is more of a visual thing, but is there a way to keep whatever the parent item is in the pill menu highlighted and the path correct (i.e., Home >> Pill Menu Item >> Sub Menu Item 1 >> Sub Menu Item 2 >> etc, as opposed to displaying Home >> Sub Menu Item 2)  It also does this in the macphoria demo page which can be seen at www.mambofy.com/ , so I do not know if I am asking too much.  Any help greatly appreciated.
      Matt

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds