Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

Posted 18 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hey guys i just purchased the year long club membership thing, but i cant edit any images. i can upload them to my server, i can delete any images on the template. i need to be able to change the banners and logos. anyone know how to do this. thanks!
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: HELP!!!!

• I'm not sure at what level you are (beginner, etc), but it's pretty simple.

I just FTP download the graphics, do my edits and then upload them to the same place with the same name.

If you can be a little more specific, I'd like to help.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Jordan
    • Elite Rocketeer

• True, just get the pictures off the template, edit them and put them in the same folder (replace them).
      If you are using the JoomlaXplorer, just go to templates/
      /images, download the image you want, remove it and upload the edited one.

• no i understand what you are saying but when i try to upload the image that i editted it wont overwite the image, and it wont let me delete the image, it seems that there is a lock on it.

• Christy, if you haven't tried joomlaxplorer yet, give it a try. It will usually get you past what sounds like a file ownership problem on your server.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Yes, agree with Joomlaboom. Your inability to delete, upload, overwrite, etc. sounds like a file and/or folder 'permissions' issue.

You might want to read up on 'permissions' - CHMOD parameters.

Here's a thread of someone that had a similar issue:

BROKEN LINK REMOVED

dave
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.

• I have the same problem. I have two default templates - madeyourweb and solarflare. I uploaded macphoria, using Joomla's template manager. I can change permissions, delete and add files etc. for both of the two default templates. However, I cannot perform these functions for the macphoria template. For example when trying to change permissions for the md_macphoria folder I get the error 'bad file descriptor'.

I am sure I am doing something totally stupid here but would appreciate any advice or help on offer!!

John
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Did you change the permissions with joomlaXplorer? you probably are not able to change them via ftp.

• Hi John,

This issue depends on how your hosting company has their apache server set-up as on some ISP's I host on, it's a problem while on other ISP's it isn't.

I'm no apache guru but this is the way I understand it.

When you upload your default Joomla files (including the default templates) via FTP, 'you' are the owner of those files. When you upload joomla templates, component, modules etc via joomla installer then the 'server' owns those files. Unfortunately you might not be able to make any changes to those 'server' owned/installed files via FTP. This is where joomlaxplorer comes into play because joomlaxplorer ris running from the server and it is able to change files that are owned by the server, but you might not be able to use Joomlaxplorer to change the files that were loaded by FTP.

Anyways my simple rule of thumb is if you can't do what you want to do to a file usng FTP use Joomlaxplorer and vice-versa.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Thanks, Joomlboom, that helped me too! I had wondered what was going on there.

dave
    • Last Edit: 18 years 2 weeks ago by .

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds