Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

AAARRGHHHH #$%&* Timeout question.

• AAARRGHHHH #$%&* Timeout question.

Posted 18 years 3 months ago
    • This I realy hate >:(
      Logged in to the backend of Joomla.
      Found the section I would like to write my news in.
      Started typing/writing for 20 minutes and noticed tat the text could use some images to spiceup the whole thing.
      Opened a new browser and searched for a just a few minutes with google.

Then.... well you probably can guess what hapenned.
      Added the image to my text and pressed "SAVE" next thing I see is a Joomla login screen :'(
      Nothing was saved! >:( :'(

Now for the real question:
      Is there a way to get rid of the backend admin timeout? Or at least increase the time
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: AAARRGHHHH #$%&* Timeout question.

• Easy to extend the timeout, in global configs, click on Server, and increase the number for "Login Session Lifetime". Incidentally I did put in some code in the old Mambo 453 CVS that allowed the ability to serialize session states during a timeout so that when you logged back in you were returned to the page you were last on and all your session data (including current editor content) was restored. As we are refactoring some stuff in 1.1 this feature will return in 1.2. As you can probably guess, I hate it too.

Also, use the "apply" button frequently while editing. This saves your work without taking you from the editing page.
  • Re: AAARRGHHHH #$%&* Timeout question.

• Again thanks for the "not template related" support.
      When I set a higher value into the lifetime (say 1 hour) the "who's online" is displaying the people that visited the site even 59 minutes ago :D That way the site looks busy but actually no one is there.

Is this realy the only way to extend the lifetime of my admin login?
  • Re: AAARRGHHHH #$%&* Timeout question.

• Thanks!
      I tested this and it works like a charm!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds