Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

incorporating a forum onto a mambo site

incorporating a forum onto a mambo site

Posted 18 years 1 week ago
    • Okay, I'm in the process of creating this site. Anyway, I'm adding a forum, but I would like to have the forum be "inside" the main site, even if only meaning the top menu/header. I need some guidance with this.

In the latter it shows about 1/4 of the forum and you have to scroll. Any ideas on how I should approach this?

Also, I appolize if this should be in a particular forum elswhere.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: incorporating a forum onto a mambo site

• Re: incorporating a forum onto a mambo site

• Actually, it looks like your forum doesn't have any posts, so it may just be easier to install the Joomlaboard component, a forum that's built right into your Joomla/Mambo site. There are a number of ongoing security issues with phpBB forums, so Joomlaboard is probably a better bet if you don't need advanced community options. If you do want a more robust forum, then I suggest using SMF (the forum we're posting on, here at RocketTheme), since its bridge integrates better with Joomla/Mambo.

Hope that helps! One other thing I noticed on your site -- you had "Testimonial" misspelled.
    • RocketTheme customer since 2005. | Portfolio of sites .

• Alright, thank you both. I'll check into what you've mentioned and suggested.

However, I should mention that I plan on switching to Vbulletin after I get the cash for it - so if you have any suggestions regarding that, they'd be welcome.

thanks again.

• You may want to integrate SMF (Simple Machines Forum) into your Joomla Site. This is the forum this site is using.
      There are two bridges one from Joomlahacks.com and Ortstrio's Joomla-SMF Bridge, supported by SMF. Both have pros and cons but with less problems every day.
  • Re: incorporating a forum onto a mambo site

• Don't purchase vBulletin. You'll have nothing but anguish in trying to integrate vBulletin with Mambo/Joomla. On the site where I've tried, I get nothing but problems and it truly doesn't integrate well. SMF, on the other hand, works great, and has a robust feature set.
    • RocketTheme customer since 2005. | Portfolio of sites .

• Buying vbulletin is pretty much a deffinate. One of the main features/services of the site is creating skins/templates for vbulletin forums, and I'd like to have a demo available. :/

• I would like something like the attatched screen shot. 1) the forum covers the left and right areas that would otherwise be there and shows the forum and the menu/header. 2) I would like to move the top right module area/menu background down to be even with the existing menu or get rid of it entirely.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds